English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HFE plugins selection to apply
Question 
So I had the idea about the Forum, MangaD our beloved admin is indeed doing so much to perfect the Forum (and the main site). I really want to see the Forum to become even better than it is so i believe that if the members themselves would vote-request for a plugin application we could come up with some pretty awesome selections. (we; the 2-3 people that are active nowadays  O.o ).

I dont think that it is difficult to upload or apply each plugin, after David explained roughly to me how it's done i think its a matter of minutes. I also dont know if it's a problem uploading too many of them at the admin cp, or a bad idea for our Forum's looks (probably our Admins will decide which plugin seems fine).

MyBB mods
So this is the link from where you can find really special plugins and request them to our Admins by referring their names ( @MangaD or @zlyfer ) and providing the exact link or name of the plugin.
This doesnt mean they (probably MangaD) will accept each and every request (they may even delete this thread for causing too much trouble). So request 1 at a time, explain the reason why our admins should consider your request and pls dont multi request Ermm .
Maybe if we gather too many request i will create a list of the requested plugins, sos as to be easier to select one of them.

P.S. Before i would like to request a plugin, pls David inform me (or everyone by posting...) a list of the plugins you have already activated.
P.S.(2). Delete this thread immediately if it's causing too much trouble. Dont even consider asking me Blush .
[Image: HFEv2.0.jpg]
(13-02-2016, 01:21 PM)Pete P. Wrote: I dont think that it is difficult to upload or apply each plugin, after David explained roughly to me how it's done i think its a matter of minutes. I also dont know if it's a problem uploading too many of them at the admin cp, or a bad idea for our Forum's looks (probably our Admins will decide which plugin seems fine).

Usually it is not difficult to install a plugin. There are about 27 installed atm (whoa!). However plugins may have security flaws and endanger our site. This is why I pick carefully and do a rough check to the code and to the MyBB community forums plugin's thread.

The more plugins we have the bigger the server load, reason why I'd prefer not to install random plugins that are not that useful to the board. Sure you can give suggestions, though.

(13-02-2016, 01:21 PM)Pete P. Wrote: without having to modify a single line of code.

Actually there are about 11 plugins I had to modify. Either to fix bugs or make improvements.

(13-02-2016, 01:21 PM)Pete P. Wrote: The MyBB theming system gives you complete control over the look and feel of your board. Here you'll find a range of themes and graphics freely available for use on your own board.(I believe though that we really good with our themes)

The MyBB looks depends on html and css (obviously...). For the current 2 themes, I am using the default MyBB html templates, while the css (mostly colours) have been modified by me. It is not difficult to modify a theme, but it is a tedious process because I have to modify every single element's colours.

Installing a theme with a new html structure is possible, but then I'd need to modify the CSS to adapt our forum looks...
It is not a bad idea, but it is on second plan.

(13-02-2016, 01:21 PM)Pete P. Wrote: (it would be great if we could create some of our own unique plugins for the Forum)

It is on my to-do list.

To-do:
  • All main site articles listed here and the HFX ones not listed.
  • Default avatar for each theme and gender. (already suggested at MyBB community, maybe they'll have this option on future MyBB versions)
  • Add more stuff to WYSIWYG and editor toolbar: (unfortunately not easy)
    • Alphabetic list in toolbar [list=a] (already tried, but because of a JS issue it seems not possible or more complicated)
    • [tab], [ident], [anchor_p], [anchor_l], [audio]
  • Make plugin to warn about posting in old threads under editor (should be easy)
  • Make plugin for User Map (more difficult, it's on 2nd plan)
  • Improve tables in posts
  • Show "Offline since..." when hovering over the offline icon below the user's avatar in a post.
  • Add Hero Fighter font to Editor.
  • Add avatar for HFE Bot
  • Calendar themes
  • Improve announcements plugin (right now the code modified is ugly)
  • Add option in UCP about forums to show and not show in the Overview.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
The following 1 user says Thank You to MangaD for this post:
  • Pete P.
(13-02-2016, 02:22 PM)MangaD Wrote: It is on my to-do list.

To-do:
  • All main site articles listed here and the HFX ones not listed.
  • Default avatar for each theme and gender. (already suggested at MyBB community, maybe they'll have this option on future MyBB versions)
  • Add more stuff to WYSIWYG and editor toolbar: (unfortunately not easy)
    • Alphabetic list in toolbar
      1. (already tried, but because of a JS issue it seems not possible or more complicated)
      2. , [ident], [anchor_p], [anchor_l], [audio]
    • Make plugin to warn about posting in old threads under editor (should be easy)
    • Make plugin for User Map (more difficult, it's on 2nd plan)
    • Improve tables in posts
    • Show "Offline since..." when hovering over the offline icon  below the user's avatar in a post.
    • Add Hero Fighter font to Editor.
    • Add avatar for HFE Bot
    • Calendar themes
    • Improve announcements plugin (right now the code modified is ugly)
    • Add option in UCP about forums to show and not show in the Overview.
Oh you got much stuff here, well if you need any help, let me know in 1- 2 years from now when im gonna be ready for a more professional project. :angel: 
Now i want to take advantage of you and suggest 1-2 plugins especially profile plugins. (plugins related to the HFE general idea...so im gonna propose for not just fancy stuff i found...)
  • An avatar gallery (i dont know if it will be private or not)---but if its not private--- it would be nice for the others to be able to see your collection of cool Hf related or not, artwork.
  • Music at your profile, maybe we should start feeling more comfortable in this hf community XD(didnt have any other ideas, i felt that i had to post something as i suggested this idea in the first place)

p.s. what i noticed is that there arent many extra fan-made plugins, so we should suggest ideas for new plugins
[Image: HFEv2.0.jpg]
(16-02-2016, 04:01 PM)Pete P. Wrote:
  • An avatar gallery (i dont know if it will be private or not)---but if its not private--- it would be nice for the others to be able to see your collection of cool Hf related or not, artwork.
  • Music at your profile, maybe we should start feeling more comfortable in this hf community XD(didnt have any other ideas, i felt that i had to post something as i suggested this idea in the first place)

Avatar gallery is already installed since a long time...

Music I disapprove. You can already set it in your Bio or Sig with the [audio] tag.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.