English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Mod] Balance Project
(12-02-2020, 04:16 PM)MangaD Wrote: Notice that `frameIndex` is 146, that's the frame where `JUMP_ATTACK` begins. Now you can search for `"146"` and you'll find that frame. All subsequent frames with `"name": "jump_attack"` belong to that motion. Every frame has a `duration` attribute, you can increase it to slow down the motion. Good luck!
That was extremely helpful. Thank you so much.

Kind of a big update. I did four characters with more extensive changing than last time. Same link as before.

[spoiler='Update overview']
I always felt like Jenny became too fast after 0.6. Part of her challenge was how you couldn't keep spamming A with her. To prevent her from becoming awful I didn't slow down the whole animation. It better shows her weapon's weight. You now need to play more carefully, which was what Jenny was always about.

Fanboys gonna hate, but I nerfed Eason. I decided to lower his health in favor of reducing his damage. It's now a bit above Jenny. Dash Air Blasts annoy people, so I lowered his stamina. He doesn't need to move around so much when he only needs to get close. I finally raised his MP consumption so it's not that much better than younger self. Fierce Fists is the only move that costs more. He's probably still OP but this is a huge step in the right direction.

Shawn now has amazing Stamina alongside slightly better dashing and walkspeed. His run speed remains untouched since he's as fast as a horse. I lowered the recovery on his arrow moves but kept each startup unchanged, save for his normal air shots with only one less frame of startup. The last touch was for his arrows to break guards in three shots instead of five, and two for running. I hope he becomes viable again.

Drew now has slower punches to help make him less scary. He was just way too good with his fists and players relied on them far too much. The startup isn't that much worse, but the time between hits is increased. Hurricane Drop into Kick also isn't guaranteed anymore. If you can't tell by now I much preferred HF before 0.6 broke the game.

Finally, I lowered Sinan's HP 20 points from her bats. Her attack speed is unchanged since she doesn't have as much reach nor a projectile out of it. I may slow it just a bit later on. If only I could manually lower her damages...
[/spoiler]
Next I'll start with Lucas and Leo, and probably hurt-time extension.

HOT FIX: It turns out my updated costs for Eason weren't applied. This version also replaces S. Eason's Jump attack with his Leap Slam. I plan to make it function like a normal jump attack when used outside of the input command.

Messages In This Thread
Balance Project - by Dragon5 - 10-02-2020, 05:44 AM
RE: Balance Project - by MangaD - 10-02-2020, 11:34 AM
RE: Balance Project - by Dragon5 - 10-02-2020, 09:42 PM
RE: Balance Project - by MangaD - 12-02-2020, 12:59 AM
RE: Balance Project - by Dragon5 - 12-02-2020, 05:33 AM
RE: Balance Project - by MangaD - 12-02-2020, 04:16 PM
RE: Balance Project - by Dragon5 - 14-02-2020, 12:50 AM
RE: Balance Project - by MangaD - 16-02-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: Balance Project - by Dragon5 - 20-02-2020, 01:35 AM
RE: Balance Project - by Dragon5 - 25-02-2020, 10:42 AM